Sunday, August 30, 2009

Indianapolis, IN








Have to love the speed limits in campgrounds. They always crack us up.







We made our way to Indianapolis today. Same old roads-corn (and more corn), cell/microwave towers and silos. We did see a few "dipping giraffes in the fields. We are staying at the Lake Haven Retreat. It's pretty nice. It has a little lake with a swimming area (lots of geese so no swimming for me), trees and grassy areas. Sort of a strange way to do business, the office hours are Mon-Fri. I called and left a message and was called back. Our site number and info was left in the mailbox and we will pay tomorrow morning. We will be here for three days. Weather started out very cloudy but cleared this evening, it is still almost ten degrees cooler than the norm. Supposed to be very chilly in the morning--50's. Oh well it's all about what you are used to. We are back dealing with our favorite WiFi provider, NOMAD so not sure if I can get pictures to load. It took the better part of an hour to get the blog to load. Oh how I hate NOMAD! Ok, I take it all back, the pics loaded on the first try :-) OMG how could I forget the most important part of the post--we are now back in the Eastern Time Zone. We lost an hour today but we are that much closer to home.

1 comment:

Carl said...

I can't believe you skipped over St. Louis!? No desire to see the Arch?