Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday-day one

Well we left the house at 8:30 am. Made many stops along the way to see how the load survived the bumpy roads. We are in Saylorsburg, PA at the Silver Valley Campsites. Got here about 7. No misadventures at all. The drive wasn't bad-easy for me to say since I just looked at the scenery and the maps. One stretch of 209 had many bugs, sounded like raindrops hitting the windshield. It was our kind of roads, very quiet and not a lot of traffic with great forests and brooks. Crossing the Hudson River was pretty and didn't freak me out especially since I'm not too fond of bridges. We will stay here for a couple of days, until Thursday, and visit a National Park or two in the area. No pictures today but will take some tomorrow. Talk to you tomorrow.

Just a note to let you know the time post is California time. It is 9:30 here in PA.

1 comment:

SaraPA said...

WOW! 386 Miles according to Google Maps. I like knowing where you are :-)
T and I were wondering how you do laundry on the road? Hand wash? Hope you have enough underpants till the next laundrymat?